How do I get brown stains off my glass oven door?
Sadler recommends mixing a paste of baking soda and water, then smearing it on in a thick layer and leaving it for 20 minutes to work on softening the deposits. Scrape off the softened crud with a plastic scraper, and wipe the glass down with white vinegar to neutralize any remaining baking soda.
How do you clean the glass on the oven door?
- Mix 1/2 cup baking soda with 3 Tbsp water into a paste.
- Spread inside the oven, especially on grimy areas.
- Leave it on several hours.
- Wipe off with warm water and a cloth.
- Spray cleaning vinegar all over.
- Wipe off with a clean, damp cloth.
Can you use Windex on oven glass?
Cleaning the Oven with Windex
The blue solution that works so well on windows does a great job cleaning ovens. If the appliance isn’t overly dirty or layered with years of grime, then a quick wash with Windex will retrieve its shine. Simply spray down the ceramic or acrylic surface and wipe away.