How can I hide my closet door track?
Prep the door
- Cut the door 1-1/4 inches shorter than the distance from the floor to the track.
- Mark with a pencil.
- Score the top of the door with a utility knife. …
- You can clamp a straight edge in place to use as a fence, or you can cut it free hand. …
- Samurai Tip: a block plane cleans up the cut edge nicely.
Sliding door hardware with a bottom track is preferred for sliding closet doors because the track is visible. It can create a barrier between separate rooms. A ceiling or wall-mounting is ideal for interior sliding doors or room dividers.
What is a bypass closet door?
Sliding closet doors (also known as bypass closet doors) are traditional sliding doors with two or more door panels that slide on a roller track. … Also known as wardrobe closet doors, these doors may have glass, mirror, wood veneer, or chalkboard paneling.
Why are my wardrobe doors not straight?
Adjust the top and bottom hinges separately if the door is crooked, advises Hints and Things. One of the hinges may need to be adjusted more or less in order to achieve a door that is straight up and down and centered. Otherwise, repeat the same procedure with the other hinge on the door to make them even.
How do you install folding door alignment?
How to Adjust a Bifold Door Aligner
- Open the bi-fold doors and enter the closet. Close the doors and shine a flashlight at the aligner brackets.
- Determine which aligner bracket needs adjusting; they should be parallel to the floor. …
- Close the door. …
- Screw the aligner in place.