How do I reset my overhead garage door keypad without code?
Forgot Your PIN (Resetting Wireless Keypad)
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button.
- While holding the PROGRAM button, press and hold the UP/DOWN button for 5 seconds.
- Release both buttons. You must now start from the beginning and reprogram you wireless keypad.
How do you reprogram a door keypad?
Programming a Keypad PIN
- Be sure to clear the garage door area of any obstructions.
- Locate the LEARN button on the door control.
- Press the LEARN button twice. The LED will flash.
- Enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice on the keypad, and press ENTER.
- The opener lights will blink, indicating the PIN programming is complete.
A Find the Learn Code Button and Learn Code Indicator LED on your door opener. – If your Door Opener has a black Antenna Wire, the Learn Code Button and Indicator LED are located near the Antenna. (The Light Lens may need to be opened.)
Why does my garage door keypad not work?
If your garage door keypad is not working after you’ve checked the batteries, looked for frayed wires, and examined the pad for broken or stuck keys, then you might have to simply replace the keypad. You also might want to consider replacing the whole system if it’s old.
However, most garage door openers are simple to reprogram and a standard process may be followed to reset most openers. … Older garage door openers rely on DIP (dual in-line package) switches and radio frequencies to work. Newer models typically use wireless technology instead.