The best kind of paint to use on a garage door is an exterior latex paint from a paint brand that makes quality paint. This is true for vinyl garage doors and wooden garage doors. For metal garage doors, the best paint is oil-based exterior paint, but exterior latex paint will still work.
What paint finish is best for garage walls?
The sheen needed for garage walls is also important to note. Semi-gloss or satin finishes are the best choices as they’ll provide a cleanable surface and just enough reflection to camouflage inevitable imperfections like dents, screwheads, and uneven texture.
Can I spray paint my garage door?
Painting a garage door is an easy one-day project. With all the angled panels of modern garage doors, spraying a garage door with a paint sprayer is quicker and easier than brushing or rolling and is the best way to get a professional, smooth, even finish. … (See Safety Precautions in your Sprayer Operation Manual.)
How do I paint the inside of my garage?
How To Paint A Garage Interior
- Using a roller, apply a thin coat of paint in long, horizontal strokes.
- Start at the top of the walls and work your way down to the floor.
- Allow each coat of paint to dry all the way before applying another.
- Use a minimum of two to three coats of paint for complete coverage.
How much does it cost to paint a garage door?
The average cost to paint a garage door ranges from $200 to $500.
How do you prepare a wooden garage door for painting?
The Best Way to Paint Wood Garage Doors
- Remove flaking, peeling paint using a scraper. …
- Sand the patched areas using an electric sander and medium-grit sandpaper. …
- Spray the door with a degreasing cleaner. …
- Lay drop cloths on the ground. …
- Fill a paint sprayer with primer. …
- Clean the primer from the spray gun and hose.
What is the best paint to use on aluminum garage door?
There is no secret to painting an aluminum garage. Painting aluminum is fairly straightforward as long as you follow the right steps when you do the preparation work. You should clean the surface, prime using an oil-based metal primer and top it off by applying a 100 percent acrylic exterior latex paint.
What is the best paint for aluminum garage door?
Oil-Based exterior paint is a good choice for going over an oil-based primer, but a 100 percent acrylic exterior paint can also be suitable. Use a large brush to cut down on your overall painting time.