How do you take off a refrigerator door handle?
Before removing the damaged refrigerator handle, carefully insert a small flathead screwdriver into the side of the cap to detach it from the refrigerator door handle. Once you replace the door handle, snap the caps back into place. To remove the broken refrigerator handle, use an Allen wrench to loosen the screws.
How do you replace a refrigerator door handle?
Refer to the instructional video below:
- Remove the door shelves.
- Loosen the upper and lower hinge with a screwdriver.
- Remove the door.
- Unscrew the old hinges.
- Screw the new hinges in place.
- Check the functionality of the new hinges on the door.
- Slide hinges over the screws on the fridge.
- Screw the hinges back onto the fridge.
How do you change the handle on a Frigidaire refrigerator?
- Slide the trim pieces above and below the door handle off the Frigidaire refrigerator door to expose the handle screws. …
- Remove the two screws at the top of the handle. …
- Pull the old handle from the refrigerator. …
- Place the replacement handle against the door.
How do you fix a loose door handle on a Frigidaire?
Insert an Allen wrench into the Allen slot on the top-inside portion of the door handle. Turn the wrench clockwise to tighten the handle if it is loose. Repeat to tighten the bottom Allen screw on the bottom-inside portion of the door handle.
How do you glue a refrigerator handle?
Araldite Super Strength Epoxy Adhesive will be the best glue to use for this repair. Ensure the surfaces are clean and dry and if possible lightly rough the surfaces to provide a good ‘key’ for the adhesive.