Spray WD-40. LPS or Liquid Wrench down the shaft and up into the keyhole. Give it a couple more taps with the hammer. Insert the key and work it from side to side while compressing the lock.
What do I do if my combination lock wont open?
Pull up the shackle at the top of the lock, and it should open right up. You can also hold on to the shackle and pull down the lock. If it doesn’t open, repeat the process from the beginning. Once you’ve partially engaged the tumblers, you should clear out the lock before trying again.
What do you do when your Master lock won’t open?
Please try resetting the lock again by following the instructions below:
- Place lock in the open position.
- On the back of the lock, slide the reset lever into the “up” position.
- Insert the shackle into the lock and squeeze firmly twice to “clear” it.
- Pull up on the shackle to open the lock.
- Enter your new combination.
How do you force a combination lock open?
Pull up gently on the shackle and hold it in place. Turn the dial clockwise listening carefully until you hear the lock click. Start with a good deal of pressure and gently let up as you spin it around, until you meet resistance in only one place. If the dial catches every few numbers, you are pulling too hard.
Why is my combination lock stuck?
Often a “jammed” combination lock isn’t really jammed. It’s just that the code has changed when you didn’t want the code to change. If you do get it your lock open follow the procedure to reset the combination number. Otherwise, you might be locked out when you close the lock again.
How do you reset a master lock if you forgot the combination?
Resetting your Combination Lock
- Open the lock using the previous combination. …
- Insert the reset tool in the hole on the side of the lock. …
- Push the reset tool in and turn 90° in either direction. …
- Set wheels to your new combination.
- Turn and remove the reset tool. …
- Record your combination in a safe place.
How do you remove a stuck lock?
Another way to clean out the lock is to rub a lead pencil over the edges of your key, then insert the key and wiggle it around. A thin wire can also be inserted into the lock to knock out any debris that may have gathered inside of it. A can of compressed air may also be helpful for dislodging debris in the lock.
How do you open a hardened lock?
How to Open Hardened Combination Locks
- Begin spinning the combination wheel counterclockwise. …
- Calculate your options for the first and second numbers systematically. …
- Spin the dial through your possible choices for the first and second numbers, always ending with the third number you calculated, until the lock opens.
What do you do if you forget your Dudley lock combination?
Have your Lost Combination Form notarized by a Notary Public to prove you are the owner of the lock. You can include up to 6 combinations on one notarized form.