You can click Insert tab, in Load from Libray panel, click “Load Family”, then it will open your library folder, by default, it is C:ProgramDataAutodeskRAC 2012LibrariesUS Metric, in US Metric folder, click Door folder, then load the door family file you need.
How do I load a family in Revit 2015?
Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family). In the Load Family dialog, double-click the category of the family that you want to load.
Why can’t I see the family I loaded in Revit?
Causes: This message can occur when not using the Load Family command through the Insert Ribbon tab, but instead using the Load Family command after starting to place an element. For example, clicking on Component, and then clicking on Load Family, instead of clicking on Load Family first.
How do I load a door in Revit?
Note: To load additional door types from the Revit library, click Place Door tab Mode panel Load Family, navigate to the Doors folder, and open the desired family file. If you want to tag doors automatically as you place them, click Modify | Place Door tab Tag panel Tag on Placement.
Does Revit come with families?
System families are predefined in Revit. You do not load them into your projects from external files, nor do you save them in locations external to the project.
What is Load family in Revit?
When you load families into a project, the Revit family library is accessed by default. Load Families with Shared Components into a Project. You load families that contain nested components or nested and shared components into a project using the same methods as any other family.
What type of family is a door Revit?
Loadable families are families used to create building components such as doors, windows, furniture, and plumbing fixtures that would typically be purchased, delivered, and installed in and around a building.
How do you create a family in Revit 2021?
Create a New Family Type in a Project
- In the drawing area, select an element belonging to the desired type.
- On the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- In the Name dialog, enter a name for the new type and click OK.
- Specify properties for the type, as desired.
How do I edit a door family in Revit?
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area.
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify
tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- In the drawing area or the Project Browser (under Families), right-click the family, and click Edit. The family opens in the Family Editor.