Can you put child lock on front door?
The easiest way to childproof your front door is by installing a deadbolt or a security door chain. The deadbolt or chain should be fixed above the door handle and high enough to ensure that children cannot reach the latch and unlock the door even if they find something to stand on, like a chair.
How do I lock my front door?
How to Lock a Door From the Outside
- Insert the deadbolt key into the deadbolt lock and turn the key to the left to initiate the lock. …
- Turn the doorknob and try to open the door. …
- Place the key for the doorknob lock into the doorknob and turn it in the direction that initiates the lock.
How can I improve my front door security?
Without further ado, here are some highly effective ways you can improve your front door security:
- Reinforce your deadbolt strike plate.
- Install a heavy-duty, high-quality deadbolt.
- Reinforce your door frame and hinges.
- Use a keyless door lock.
- Add a horizontal security bar.
- Install a strike plate lock.