Repainting is an excellent way to update your home and is considerably less expensive than refacing or replacing the cabinets altogether. When repainting vinyl or other types of laminate cabinets, paint choice is extremely important. Since it is a plastic and not a wood, you need to use specialized paint.
Can you paint over plastic coated kitchen cupboards?
1. Melamine and foil-coated particleboard isn’t absorbent like wood or plaster, so it’s important to sand it well to a matt finish in order to provide a key and help the paint stick. Don’t forget to wear a suitable mask when sanding and work in a well-ventilated area, or outside if possible! 2.
What paint do you use on kitchen cupboards?
The best paint for kitchen cabinets to buy in 2021
- The One Paint Satin Finish: Best multipurpose satin paint. …
- Dulux Retail Cupboard Paint: Best durable kitchen cabinet paint. …
- Johnstones Revive Cupboard Paint: Best quick-drying all-rounder paint. …
- Ronseal One Coat Cupboard: Best hard-wearing cabinet paint.
Which paint brand is best for kitchen cabinets?
7 Best Cabinet Paint Brands for a Flawless Finish
- Farrow and Ball Full Gloss Paint.
- Benjamin Moore Advance Interior Satin Paint.
- Fine Paints of Europe Eurolux Acrylic Paint.
- Valspar Cabinet Enamel Semi-Gloss Latex Interior Paint.
- Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations System.
- Behr Alkyd Semi-Gloss Enamel Paint.
Does laminate paint really work?
Laminate is not an ideal surface to paint, but it can be done. If you consider the paint job a temporary solution until you can invest in new cabinetry, you’ll probably be more satisfied with the results.
What kind of primer do I use on vinyl?
Again, you want to make sure that you use a primer that is specifically made to work on vinyl. Some people recommend an alkyd-based primer. You will typically only need to apply one coat of primer. If you are not using spray paint, apply the primer with a sponge brush.